Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Silicone spray for dolls hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the welcome,I will keep a eye on the reply for info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Candie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My suggestion would be to find a beauty supply store and tell them you need something for detangling a synthetic wig. The only thing is sometimes they can smell like hairspray and then your doll's hair kinda stinks like aquanet! I only know this because I bought a product that said for synthetic wigs that was a shine and detangler thing. I only wanted it for the shine affect. It worked, but smelled yucky, so I was her my Sam's hair all over again and rewashed it. It also seemed to make the wig great for a week or so and then it started to go dull and even look "dirty" again. I don't know if it just picked up the dirt from the residue of the spray or what.

    I do know a place called Twin Pines that works specifically with dolls. I have used their product for restoring vinyl, but they also have stuff that is specifically for hair, a shampoo, conditioners, and a detangler and it is all specifically for dolls wigs! That is what they do, restore dolls, so you will know this stuff is just for the dolls. Perhaps it would not leave a residue? You'd have to ask them. I have never personally used their hair care products nor had a tangle problem yet. But, they are super nice, have been restoring dolls for 40 years and have helped me out of a few fixes before. Great customer service and I was referred to them from someone else on the board. Their site is www.twinpines.com

    Hope this is helpful

    Candie

  3. #3
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Sounds like she just needs a hair restoration.....

    What kind of doll is she? Does she have "textured" hair?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is a AGT doll,with straight red hair (GT17G).I am actually a hair stylist but I have never worked with wigs so I only know what works on real hair.I just want to be safe than sorry I will check out that site "twin pines" and see what they have.Many thanks again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Actually you probably only need to do a "Downey Dunk" and a good steaming....Many times that will correct both issues you are having. I know there is a link around here to Joy's album on it all.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will have to search that one,never heard of that.Do you have to get the dolls hair wet for that? I was afraid to have to do that. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lileva's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I found Joy's downy dunk on her site,but it is on image station and I cannot view,it says you have to be a member. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    Being a member costs you nothing. Besides many of us have albums there so it will be worth your getting a membership it costs you nothing and they don't send out a bunch of junk either. Very nice.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is safe to use Johnson's No More Tangles on doll hair. If your daughter wants it detangled right now, that's a good place to start. Then definately go for a Downey Dunk! The result is absolutely amazing.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use Biolage Daily Leave-in Treatment on my doll's hair. The salon in our Walmart carries it. It works GREAT. I had many women at AGPC stop me to ask about my Kit, how old she was, how her hair looked so great, etc. I introduced Angie (Gilly Gals) to it, and she swears by it too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •